Good show Cardinals…

Erik Kain

Erik writes about video games at Forbes and politics at Mother Jones. He's the contributor of The League though he hasn't written much here lately. He can be found occasionally composing 140 character cultural analysis on Twitter.

1. Avatar Chris Dierkes

hats off to them. they left their hearts, bodies, everything on the field. as a bengal fan, I feel your pain remembering sadly as a young man watching boomer take our boys down for the score only to watch montana connect to taylor in the back of the end zone with just seconds remaining.Report

2. Avatar E.D. Kain

Thanks, Chris. I remember that game, too, though I was just a boy at the time. This was our first real shot at greatness, and even though we lost, hot-damn what a game!Report

3. Avatar Chris Dierkes

yeah–by young man I meant 9.

i do remember (this actually as a young man in my twenties) watching larry fitz play at pitt and thinking–this dude is the genuine article. that guy is legit.Report

4. Avatar Mark Thompson

As a lifelong Bills fan, let’s just say I feel your pain. If it’s any consolation, that game was as good or better than Super Bowl XXV (aka “that game”), which in my mind is saying a lot.Report

5. Avatar E.D. Kain

Yeah, it was a damn good game regardless of the outcome. Damn good.Report

6. Avatar Joey

It was a great game, which I say as someone who turned it on with no investment in the outcome, emotional or otherwise, and found myself drawn in as I cooked dinner (potato gnocci with a portabello mushroom sauce) for my girlfriend as she worked hard on a web page design for a class.Report

7. Avatar Paul Gilmartin

Not to condone Harrison’s personal foul, it was terrible, BUT several times during the game blockers went low on him i.e. cut him down at the knees. While this is perfectly legal, on more than one occasion he was engaged with a lineman when another went low on him. Again, not to condone his foul but there is some context to it.Report